- For straight and wavy hair, we suggest loosely twisting the hair at the crown area before wearing the turban. This helps in maintaining the volume and hold the turban in place. If you have short straight/ wavy hair - we suggest making multiple portions and loosely tie the hair in small buns/ knots around the crown area to keep the volume.
- Curly hair can benefit by wearing the turban with the hair up in a pineapple or loose Princess Leia buns. If you have fine/short curls we highly recommend small sections of loose buns around the crown area. Curly hair can also benefit by using the turban on damp hair.
- The volume of kinky/coily hair works great with the turban. If you have long coils, divide the hair into multiple portions, and then twisting or braiding before wearing the turban helps maintain the shape.
Why Damn Gina?
Why Damn Gina?
- Silk. The 100% pure 27 momme (call us thicc!) mulberry silk's smooth side touches your hair unlike other bonnets available in the market.
- Multiple Sizes. We have multiple sizes catering to different head sizes.
- Comfortable. Designed to keep you cozy all night long with no elastic around the temples. Looks cute too!
Full Ingredients ListDicaprylyl Carbonate, Coconut Alkanes, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed oil, Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly pear) seed oil, Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Silk, Moringa Oleifera seed oil, Plukenetia Volubilis (Inca inchi)seed oil, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) seed oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Tocopherol, Fragrance.
10,000+ happy customers
Check out our reviews below. The Signature Silk Turban from Damn Gina is loved by 1000s of Aussie women.
Looks super cute and is really comfy. I got the smaller size and it fits really well. I really like the look of the outer fabric - you can't quite tell from the photos, but it's quite a firm fabric, so it stays in place. I think it looks really cute on and I even wear it during the day sometimes. So far it's never fallen off while I sleep. My hair regains its shape quite quickly after I take it off in the mornings, which is amazing!
I got the large size as I have a larger head and it fits well. I also have boob length hair. Tbh if you had longer/thicker hair or a bigger head, this might not work for you. I find that the wrap rides up and the bottom of my hair sticks out, or some nights if I'm particularly squirmy it comes off completely. Having said that, it seems very nicely made, it's soft and comfortable. Having it on your ears while sitting in bed reading or watching Netflix can be irritating, and sometimes it can feel a bit hot (although I'm a very hot little bunny, so it's probably nothing to do with the wrap!) It definitely works better than my silk pillowcase at preventing the terrible morning/chronic illness days in bed nest on my head, and seems to leave my fringe less greasy. I'll keep testing!
Reading the product description seemed too good to be true - hair that isn't frizzy, washing less frequently? But I've been using the turban for a few weeks now and can confirm that these are true!
My hair feels super soft, I'm going an extra few days without needing a wash, and it's so much less frizzy.
I don't have curls - I have straight/wavy hair, but it's quite dry and frizzy normally so I wanted to try something different to my normal heap of hair masks and oils. With the turban I really do use less hair treatments so it's saving me money too!
Thanks so much Gina!
My friend talked me into getting one of these and I was quite skeptical.
Especially since my hair is just a long curly mullet.
But sleeping with the hair thing instead of my hair tied up is 100x comfier!
I have been sleeping a lot better and my hair is a lot easier to work with in the morning now :)
Honestly can’t recommend these enough!
I freaking love my silk turban. It is everything and more than I hoped for. It's comfortable and beautiful. My hair feels so good every morning. I just could not recommend this silky beauty too much. Do yourself a favour and invest in a Damn Gina Silk Turban, you won't regret it.